Monday, December 29, 2014

Home for the Holidays


I've been home for nearly a month and we've been traveling up and down the East coast with my family. We had great pre-Christmas celebrations in Delaware and Virginia and here are few pictures from the trip.

My family has a summer home in Rehoboth, Delaware which is a sweet little beach town with tons of designer outlets. We decided to take advantage of the sales and squeeze in some R&R.
  




My Tia Norman raved about this Mexican restaurant in nearby Lewes called Agave and it was one of the best I've been to. Needless to say I broke my diet and devoured these cheesy nachos. And although I didn't eat the meat and chicken dishes, they did look damn good.




Afterwards we went shopping which was a success.


Our final night was spent touring the town and walking down Penny Lane towards dinner.






We grabbed amazing grub at the Henlopen City Oyster House where Hub had the "best pulled pork sandwich ever." I had a delicious beetroot salad with spiced candied almonds. Yum.

  


It's family tradition to always end Rehoboth with brekkie at hillbilly trucker spot Cracker Barrel


When we got to VA we caught up with our dear friends Annie and Josh who recently moved back to the US. Annie is the talented chef from that fantastic curry night in Rio. We went to Izakaya Daikaya in Chinatown which serves an interesting mix of creatively textured Japanese tapas.

  








Back at my Mom's house we relaxed, cooked and played with Luna, the cutest Yorkie ever.




Pre-Christmas with the fam was fantastic. Next stop was Nashville, Tennessee so stay tuned for Honky Tonks and BBQ sauce.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...