Friday, November 18, 2011

Expat's Thanksgiving: The Appetizer




Hello! Sorry I've been away (perhaps you didn't notice and that's OK), but it's been a busy week. Yesterday, the hub and I celebrated Thanksgiving with a few friends at ours. And even though we celebrated it on a different day and most of our party was non-American, it really felt like Thanksgiving in the States. We decided to celebrate it the Saturday before so that way people can truly enjoy the evening and still have Sunday to recover from their Turkey food baby.



Catering for 16 was no easy task, but luckily I had dear Americans friends (and also expats) who helped me make it a huge success. Since the countdown to real Thanksgiving has already begun at home, I thought I'd share with you the dishes we made here in London.  

Starting with the Apps. We wanted to keep it simple and light so we decided on Rapid Roastini by Nigella

Courtesy of atannaskitchentable.blogspot.com
  and Roasted Tomato Pesto by the Barefoot Contessa.



The fried gnocchi bites were a hit and the perfect finger food starter. The roasted tomatoes were delicious, but a bit difficult handle. Perhaps if I cored them (as Ina told me too) it would have been better. I do think; however, that a buttery cracker underneath would make this dish even better.

Our guests gobbled up the appetizers in no time, but still had plenty of room for the feast that shortly followed and I will share with you tomorrow!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...