Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year, New Beginnings


Happy New Year.
 
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday break. We've been in the US and it's been lovely. In a few days it will come to an end, but I'm ready and really excited to be returning to Rio. It's the height of summer there and will be a nice contrast to these subzero (polar vortex?) temperatures. The heat will also help in sweating out this Christmas pudge.


So I feel like we won't settle back into our Carioca life until the end of this month and that's when our resolutions will really kick in. Have you made any? I like to make them every year even if I can't remember what they were by the following ball drop countdown. So this year I've decided to write them down. Publicly. Perhaps this way I'll be held accountable and can also report back in 2015.


Hub and I both agreed to learn Portuguese fluently. I've been trying to make an effort to speak even to our bilingual friends, but I need a new more proactive game plan. As soon as we land I'm going to sign up to private lessons, visit lyricstraining.com on the daily (a quirky recommendation from an Expat) and listen to podcast lessons on Hub's iphone.
 

Kick bad eating habits that have lead to my pre-diabetes. I've made some changes to my diet, but to be honest with myself I haven't been consistent about them. I struggle with making the right choices and the concept of moderation. I also had my bloods checked before the move and reality check, my sugar levels have not changed since March. This year I really want to give up refined sugar and bad foods (fried, processed, high sat fat) and never look back.



And dedicate more time to you Jordan's Diary. I love writing to you, sharing my thoughts, recipes and ramblings with you. Me + you = more time gabble in 2014.


I feel another great year is upon us. We have so many exciting things to look forward to like Cousin Dan flying in on Monday, Carnival, the StreetChildWorldCup (and the FIFA World Cup for that matter) and a wedding...So here's to 2014!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...