Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Expat's Thanksgiving: Dessert Anyone?


We topped off our glorious meal with four DELISH pies. My sister-in-law went to the bakery that delivers some of the best cupcakes in London - Hummingbird. They served up pumpkin pie, classic and all American.
Hummingbird's Pumpkin Pie
I begged my friend to re-make Nigella's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake (I can devour a peanut butter jar in a week, so I would say I like PB a lot). I love the bits of whole crunchy peanuts that get left behind in the digestive crust. Digestives are yummy cookies that you just can't find in the States.


By far though, the best dessert was Pecan Pie by @Nigella_Larsen. My dear friend even made the pastry dough herself and it was perfection. We finished it for breakfast the next day.

Courtesy of bakingpowders.blogspot.com
And last but certainly  not least was my friend's homemade apple pie. Tasted great warm with vanilla ice cream and cold the next day. I picked at the laces all day long.


Courtesy of homemadeapplepie.net
 Thanksgiving is just now two days away...I wish I was going home tomorrow in time to watch my mom cook and see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I'm already getting emails for Black Friday sales. Sigh*

Any who, here are some great links I found that I thought I'd share.

If you are looking for inspirational (and somewhat challenging dishes) then check out Goop's newsletter Thanksgiving Low Down.

If I hadn't blown all my cash on my own soiree, I'd drag the Hub to Villandry for their French take on Thanksgiving Dinner, there serving a twice baked cheese souffle to start. YUM.

Or, I'd love to check out the Savoy Grill's maple-roast turkey with cornbread stuffing. Two more reasons really, one I want to know what Gordon Ramsey's interpretation of cornbread is. Londoners don't know cornbread like WE know cornbread and two the Beaufort Bar is heaven. It's like old Hollywood glamour in there.

We created a dried flower/halved pear in glass center piece, but I loved this floral pumpkin vase idea.

Happy Thanksgiving
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...